Get the Skills to Be a Business Professional
Professional Business Systems Training in 2 Years*
Do you possess self-motivation, good time management skills, and a desire to succeed?
There’s a good chance you’re cut out for a career in numerous business fields if you get the right skills! You just need to develop your knowledge of accounting, marketing, and office management.
With your initiative and our support, we thrive.
Our Occupational Associate Degree program in Professional Business Systems prepares you for a career in business, whether that be working for a corporation, startup, or following your own entrepreneurial ambitions.
All the Things You’ll Learn
The Professional Business Systems program gives students the opportunity to build a strong foundation for understanding business operations while also enhancing their skills in communication, digital presentations and business software.
Among the courses taught in this Occupational Associate Degree program are:
- Principles of Accounting
- Marketing in Today’s World
- Introduction to Business Start-up Strategies
- Computer Presentations
- Introduction to Business Management
- Business Communications
- Principles of Economics
- Bookkeeping Essentials for Business
- Professional Publications
Here’s How You’ll Grow with Us
Upon completion of the Professional Business Systems Occupational Associate degree, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key functions of business, including accounting, economics, management, marketing, and regulations
- Understand the role of human motivation and relationships in an organization
- Show proficiency in effective leadership skills, including communication and problem solving skills
- Identify the basics for starting a business, including legal structure, local and state regulations, and the dilemmas faced by entrepreneurs
- Apply the basic principles of marketing and develop a marketing plan
- Create and edit documents using Microsoft Office, presentation and desktop publishing software
- Create and work with spreadsheets, charts, data and databases
- Perform scholarly research
Is a Career in Business Right for You? Find Out! Take the "Laurus College Business Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Business Career Readiness Score Now >>
Where You Could Be After Completing Our Program
Business Systems professionals plan, direct, or coordinate one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, human resources, accounting, marketing, facilities planning and maintenance, purchasing and event planning.
Grads with Professional Business Systems training may find employment in a wide range of interesting and rewarding positions, including
- Administrative Services Manager
- Marketing Specialist
- Receptionist and Information Clerk
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerk
- File Clerk
- and more!
With so many professional opportunities available to people with the right qualifications, Laurus can prepare you for a career that will take you to that next level in life.
You’ve Already Got a Life and We Appreciate That
If you’re juggling work and a family, you’re busy. Our hybrid learning model gives you greater freedom and flexibility to learn on your own schedule.
That means you’re in control of your learning experience. All you have to do is make that crucial first move. And training with Laurus for a career in the business world, with all our dedicated support from Day 1 till you land that dream job, is always a smart choice.
With a program led by experienced professionals from the field, Laurus helps motivated people get the skills and experience to pursue careers in the challenging business world.
The best way to see if Laurus College is the right fit for you is to see it for yourself. You can tour our facilities by coming in to any of our campus locations, or we’re happy to set up a virtual tour with you. Book a Tour Now or Get more info.
The Laurus Advantage
Practical, Career-Focused Training that prepares you for an in-demand career.
Supportive Learning Environment where instructors care about your success.
Flexible Scheduling Options that include both day and evening classes.
Laptop Included – Students attending classes in an Occupational Associate or Bachelor’s Degree program are given the opportunity to receive a laptop computer loaded with all of the software needed to complete their program.
Job Search Assistance through our Career Services Department, including resume & portfolio creation, interview preparation and live workshops.
Is a Professional Business Career Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’d like to know more about the careers available to grads of our Professional Business Systems program and explore whether Laurus is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call (805)-267-1690
* Program length when completed in normal time.