Position Title: Web Design and Development Education Instructor
We are a nationally accredited private career college looking for part time and full time instructors to teach Web Design and Development courses. A Master’s degree in the subject field is required. We have campuses in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Oxnard – employee chooses preferred campus. Full benefit package offered to all FT positions.
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
Instructors deliver classes live via a virtual learning environment that provides students with an opportunity for live, real-time interaction, as well as the opportunity to review recorded, archived class lectures.
The learning technology uses synchronous instruction, allowing the instructor to see and interact in real-time with students across all four campuses and online at the same time via computer webcams. Students are able to not only see and communicate with their instructors, but can also see and interact with each other and work collaboratively.
Ideal candidates will have experience in teaching or training, a passion for their area of expertise and relevant work and real-life experiences that they can share with students.
Candidates should have impeccable written and oral communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and be personable and enjoy working with and helping others achieve their full potential.
- Minimum of a Masters in Fine Arts, Master in Arts, or Masters in Sciences in any of the following or related areas:
- Computer Science
- Digital Arts & Technology
- Human Computer Interaction
- Interactive Media Design
- Instructional Design
- Web Design / Development
- Strong working knowledge of Graphic & Web Design Principles.
- Experience creating web sites using HTML & CSS
- A portfolio or website that features professional or personal works.
- A proven problem-solver with superior communication skills and a team player attitude.
- Strong understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- WordPress or another CMS system
- PHP and MySQL
- Google Analytics, AdWords, & AdSense
- CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap
- SEO and other digital marketing techniques
- Social Media and Community Management
- Writing text copy and other types of content creation
- Major email hosting platforms (MailChimp, etc)
- Adobe Creative Suite Programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate, Xd, etc.
- Teaching experience in the discipline.
- An understanding of sound management skills and demonstrated leaderships skills.
- Professional experience working in either the Web Design, Web Development, or Web Marketing Industries.
- Experience working within a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Data Management.
- Curriculum Development.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement and deliver web design and development based lesson plans that lead to student comprehension of curriculum concepts
- Lead classroom instruction, provide student feedback
- Aid the college in keeping current with design and technology trends
- Update course materials as needed
- Assess student progress and maintain accurate student records
Company Overview & Description:
Laurus College strives to make our learning environment a place where caring and excellence thrives and provides a comprehensive training approach which enables students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real-life situations. We are a career college that is a wholly owned subsidiary of QE2 Systems Inc., developed to offer a quality education and a quality experience for students seeking a unique college experience.
- Serious candidates only
- Attach all documents in either Word or PDF format
- Please include a cover letter, resume, and transcript in your email
- No phone calls please; please note, meeting the basic requirements of the job posting does not guarantee an interview. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Laurus College!