Position Title: IT & Network Systems Education Instructor
We are a nationally accredited private career college looking for part time and full time instructors to teach IT & Network Systems courses. A Master’s degree in the subject field is required. We have campuses in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Oxnard – employee chooses preferred campus. Full benefit package offered to all FT positions.
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
Instructors deliver classes live via a virtual learning environment that provides students with an opportunity for live, real-time interaction, as well as the opportunity to review recorded, archived class lectures.
The learning technology uses synchronous instruction, allowing the instructor to see and interact in real-time with students across all four campuses and online at the same time via computer webcams. Students are able to not only see and communicate with their instructors, but can also see and interact with each other and work collaboratively.
Ideal candidates will have experience in teaching or training, a passion for their area of expertise and relevant work and real-life experiences that they can share with students.
Candidates should have impeccable written and oral communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and be personable and enjoy working with and helping others achieve their full potential.
- Minimum of an MBA or a Master’s degree in any of the following or related areas:
- Information systems
- Network systems
- Information technology management
- Strong working knowledge in all of the following areas:
- Computer hardware and software
- Networking management & implementation
- Various network operating systems
- A proven problem-solver with superior communication skills and a team player attitude.
- Experience developing and teaching various Information Science and Computer Technology (ISCT) related undergraduate courses including computer operating systems, server administration, database management, knowledge management, systems analysis, information management, cloud computing and or other computer related topics.
- Professional experience working in the IT field.
- Current professional or technical certifications including:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Linux+
- Experience with common Cybersecurity tools (NMAP, Kali etc)
- Experience with multimedia instruction and related technologies.
- Experience working within a Learning Management System (LMS).
- An understanding of sound management skills and demonstrated leaderships skills.
- Data Management.
- Curriculum Development.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement prepared IT & Network systems based lesson plans that lead to student comprehension of curriculum concepts
- Lead online classroom instruction
- Answer student questions, check student comprehension, grade homework and tests
- Assess student progress and maintain accurate records
- Aid the college in keeping up with current technology trends and update course materials as needed
- Communicate frequently with students and colleagues
Company Overview & Description:
Laurus College strives to make our learning environment a place where caring and excellence thrives and provides a comprehensive training approach which enables students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real life situations. We are a career college that is a wholly owned subsidiary of QE2 Systems Inc., developed to offer a quality education and a quality experience for students seeking a unique college experience.
- Serious candidates only
- Attach all documents in either Word or PDF format
- Please include a cover letter, a resume, and a transcript in your email
- No phone calls please; please note, meeting the basic requirements of the job posting does not guarantee an interview. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Laurus College!