Position Title: Financial Aid Representative
Laurus College is seeking a full-time Financial Aid Representative who will provide great customer service to students through the financial aid process, including maintaining, recording, and monitoring student payments and all necessary financial aid paperwork.
- • Minimum 2 years prior experience in financial aid or financial/accounting field a must
- • High School diploma required, 2-4 year degree preferred
- • Excellent customer service skills, strong math skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- • Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, parents, and staff
- • Must be able to work well in a fast paced team environment
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Admissions Department to present cost and tuition proposals following admission’s appointments
- Conduct financial aid appointments with students to gather information for packaging
- Maintain, record, and monitor student payments
- Responsible for complete and accurate student files and paperwork, certify loan applications, and complete verification and C Code requirements
- Monitor student files on a regular basis, check for accuracy and completeness
- Maintain current ledger cards and student accounts
- Package student’s financial aid, from beginning to end
- Conduct entrance and exit loan counseling meetings
- Ensure that all students complete the “Pre-Graduate Survey” during the exit loan counseling meeting
- Process alternative loan paperwork as needed
- Process any agency paperwork for both prospective and current students
- Other duties as assigned
Company Overview & Description:
Laurus College strives to make our learning environment a place where caring and excellence thrives and provides a comprehensive training approach which enables students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real life situations. We are a career college that is a wholly owned subsidiary of QE2 Systems Inc., developed to offer a quality education and a quality experience for students seeking a unique college experience.
- Serious candidates only
- Attach all documents in either Word or PDF format
- Please include a cover letter and resume in your email
- No phone calls please; please note, meeting the basic requirements of the job posting does not guarantee an interview. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Laurus College!
Get the Skills for the Rewarding Career You Want
Is a fulfilling career and a brighter future right for you? Get more info...