Position Title: Digital Arts and Computer Animation Education Instructor
We are a nationally accredited private career college looking for part time and full time instructors to teach Digital Arts and Computer Animation courses. A Master’s degree in the subject field is required. We have campuses in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Oxnard – employee chooses preferred campus. Full benefit package offered to all FT positions.
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
Instructors deliver classes live via a virtual learning environment that provides students with an opportunity for live, real-time interaction, as well as the opportunity to review recorded, archived class lectures.
The learning technology uses synchronous instruction, allowing the instructor to see and interact in real-time with students across all four campuses and online at the same time via computer webcams. Students are able to not only see and communicate with their instructors, but can also see and interact with each other and work collaboratively.
Ideal candidates will have experience in teaching or training, a passion for their area of expertise and relevant work and real-life experiences that they can share with students.
Candidates should have impeccable written and oral communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and be personable and enjoy working with and helping others achieve their full potential.
- Minimum of a Masters in Fine Arts, Master in Arts, or Masters in Sciences in any of the following or related areas:
- Art and Design with an emphasis in Computer Graphics or Video Games
- Computer Science with and emphasis in Computer Graphics or Video Games
- Instructional Design with an emphasis in Media or Visual Design
- Media and Visual Communication with and emphasis Design or Visual Development
- Strong working knowledge of software used within the Animation, Video Game, and Visual Effects Industries, such as but not limited to Autodesk Maya, Pixologic Zbrush, Adobe Suite.
- A portfolio or website that either displays professional or personal works of art in a production specialization such as but not limited to Modeling, Animation, Compositing.
- Strong understanding of production workflow in one or more of the following areas:
- Modeling hard and organic surface objects
- Digital sculpting
- Texture painting
- Rendering and compositing
- A proven problem-solver with superior communication skills and a team player attitude.
- Teaching experience in the discipline.
- An understanding of sound management skills and demonstrated leaderships skills.
- Professional experience working as a production artist in either the Animation, Video Game, or Visual Effects Industries.
- Experience working within a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Data Management.
- Curriculum Development.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and implementing Digital Arts and Computer Animation based lesson plans that lead to student comprehension of curriculum concepts
- Leading classroom instruction
- Aiding the college in keeping current with design and technology trends
- Updating course materials as needed
- Assessing student progress and maintaining accurate student records
- Communicating frequently with students and colleagues in a professional manner
Company Overview & Description:
Laurus College strives to make our learning environment a place where caring and excellence thrives and provides a comprehensive training approach which enables students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real life situations. We are a career college that is a wholly owned subsidiary of QE2 Systems Inc., developed to offer a quality education and a quality experience for students seeking a unique college experience.
- Serious candidates only
- Attach all documents in either Word or PDF format
- Please include a Cover letter, a Resume, and a Transcript
- No phone calls please; please note, meeting the basic requirements of the job posting does not guarantee an interview. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Laurus College!